Choose a trainer with experience and the credentials to help you and your family. As an IAABC Certified Dog Behavior Consultant, I am highly qualified to work with dogs with behavioral issues including aggression and anxiety.
Gia Savocchi: Founder
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer
- Certified Behavior Consultant
- The Third Way Certified Trainer
- Fear Free Certified Professional
I am sure I am a lot like you… I love my dogs! With a college education in learning theory and behavior, and a lifelong devotion to continuing to learn and grow, I am dedicated to helping people and dogs. I enjoy training puppies just as much as I like working with more difficult cases. A skilled teacher, I take pride in my patient nature and ability to coach owners… I like people just as much as I like dogs!
- Shelter Dog Behavior
- Anxiety and Fear
- Canine Fitness and Agility
- Industry Consultant
There are dozens of dog trainers on Long Island. The truth is, anyone can call themselves a dog trainer. Anyone can proclaim to be a “behaviorist” or an “aggression specialist” or even a “master dog trainer”. There are people out there who claim to be all of these things, all the while having mediocre skill and experience, at best! There are many certifying organizations, and just as many training methods. So how do you choose a trainer that actually knows what they are doing?
Why Choose Gia?
- I’m Qualified: I have a variety of high-level certifications, and a college education in learning theory and behavior. I am one of TWO currently certified IAABC Dog Behavior Consultants on Long Island.
- I’m Experienced: I have been working as a dog professional for over a decade. I’ve worked in a variety of settings, including in animal shelters, as a professional working dog handler, and at large-scale training centers.
- My Dogs are GREAT: My personal dogs are fantastic. Every dog I have ever owned has achieved titles and awards in multiple sports. To see if a trainer is skilled, the best place to look is at their own dogs. My dogs are not only phenomenal working partners, but skilled competitors and loving family pets.
- I Know What it’s Like: As a life-long dog owner of a variety of dogs, I know what it feels like when your dog needs some help! I understand how much you want to help your dog get better. I truly care about each one of my clients.
- I get Results: I love to work with dogs who have serious issues. With modern techniques, the outcome can be fast and incredible. My former clients would be glad to speak to you more about what I’ve done to help them, and their dogs.
- I Listen: You and your dog are individuals, and I want to know all about it. My approach is holistic and individualized… you won’t find cookie cutter methods here.
Certified Dog Behavior Consultant
Dog Trainer Certification
Certified Pet Dog Trainer-Knowledge Assessed
I have a college education in psychology and behavior. My experiences with Applied Behavior Analysis and cognitive theory shaped how I work with both dogs and people. The methods I use work, and are backed by science.
With over a decade of varied professional experience, I understand a wide variety of techniques and use them during the training process. I’ve worked in a variety of facilities, including animal shelters and veterinary hospitals.
I hold many industry certifications, each showing that I not only understand how to work with dogs on a professional level, but that I continue to learn and evolve as a trainer.
Every dog I have ever owned has competed successfully in various dog sports. If my dogs can be highly successful, so can yours!
I am recommended by a wide variety of industry professionals, including veterinarians, groomers, and other trainers.